Big news from WonderCon this weekend including lots of publishers moving forward with digital comics plans, a few new series and more.
- Mark Waid and Chris Samnee will be teaming up for a four issue Rocketeer miniseries from IDW Publishing.
- Speaking of Mark Waid, he’ll be relaunching his website MarkWaid.com as a digital comics imprint for some of his own creations such as zombie comic, Luther, and other projects. The site will serve as a process blog for some of the webcomics he’s doing as well.
- IDW will also be doing a Dave Stevens’ Covers & Stories book collecting some of the Rocketeer creator’s non-Rocketeer work.
- Frank Tieri and Mark Texeira are taking Punisher to Space in the aptly titled Space: Punisher.
- Dan Slott will be doing a Lizard storyline in Amazing Spider-Man aroudn the time of the upciming blockbuster film.
- Archaia revealed three new projects: “Space 1999,” written by Andrew E.C. Gaska and based on the 1970s British sci-fi TV show; “Gang of Fools,” a futuristic dystopian tale by James Smith; “Pantalones, TX,” an all-ages humor book by animator Yehudi Mercado; and “Iron: Or, the War After” by S.M. Vidaurri.
- IDW announced two more Artist’s Editions featuring Sergio Aragones’ Groo the Wanderer and Jack Davis’ EC Comics stories.
- Zenescope is using Kickstarter to attempt to fund an animated version of their Grimm Fairy Tales comic.
- Tom Brevoort revealed that longtime Ms. Marvel Carol Danvers will become the next Captain Marvel in a new series by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Dexter Soy. And Greg Pak will write a spin-off of Astonishing X-Men entitled X-Treme X-Men that features Dazzler. Stephen Segovia will provide the art for that one.
- Dark Horse will bring motion comics featuring characters from Umbrella Academy, Usagi Yojimbo, Hellboy and more to Felicia Day’s new YouTube channel Geek & Sundry.
- IDW will take Womanthology to space in the aptly titled five issue miniseries, Womanthology: Space.
- Joe Hill announced what might be the final installment of Locke & Key, Locke & Key: Omega.
- Ben McCool and Dean Haspiel will be collaborating on The Five Dimensional Adventures of Dirk Davies, an adaptation of 80s video game, Warp & Warp, on Namco’s new webcomics platform ShiftyLook.
- Bill Willingham’s Fables OGN has been pushed by to November 2012.
- Brian Wood will be writing both X-Men and Ultimate Comics X-Men starting this summer with issues #30 and #13 respectively.
- Jeff Parker’s Hulk will see the Red Hulk facing off against the Mayan Gods with some help from Alpha Flight, the She-Hulks and others.
- Parker will also be writing a new Dark Avengers series that will replace Thunderbolts, with artist Declan Shalvey.
- Tom Brevoort teased some more Marvel Cosmic stuff. “We’re putting our full attention into blowing that up and making it a part of overall Marvel publishing,” said Brevoort. “More Guardians stuff is coming up when you least expect it.”
- Chris Ryall announced IDW’s plans for Judge Dredd and The Crow.
Source: Robot 6